Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goodbye Harold

When I came into work this Friday I was informed that Harold Hamblin was no longer with us.. this quite frankly put me into a level of shock… he had died during a important surgery.

I tried to act like everything was normal but it wasn’t, I went to go pick up the mornings frys ad and during the drive across the ramp I had to stop.. because I could no longer see.

Tears had filled my eyes and I could see was a blurry image, I just sat out in the middle of the ramp letting tears of saddness fall.

I do not know for how long the cart stood still.. it was like time was frozen...

Harold was the Director of Operations at the airlines I work for, I had worked alongside him for almost 3 years.

I remember the days sitting next to him and listening to his stories, he had worked in aviation for over 50 years so he always had a infinite supply of stories, stories to make you laugh, stories to make you cry, and stories to put a smile on your face.

Thank you Harold for everything you have done, and please rest in peace, we will all see you later when our time comes.

-Christopher Ryan Cantrell

No comments: